Wednesday 1 March 2017

BI Publisher desktop won’t install

I’m running windows 7, 8 with office 2010, 2013 respectively.  Have oracle 11G client.  I’m using this machine for some Report development.
But, I keep getting: “Template Builder Installer failed": Unexpected Error”


People are putting all sorts of stuff on forums that look like pot shots.  “Try uninstall and install again” – huh???,  but computers generally do the same thing given the same input.
How about I find some log files and go from there.
C:\Users\AmitGupta\AppData\Local\Temp has TemplateBuilderInstaller.log – WOW!  direct hit.
This has:
Word process check start
Error No.: 339
Description: Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
WOW again, direct hit.
I need to install this file, mscomctl.ocx does not exist on my machine
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=25437d98-51d0-41c1-bb14-64662f5f62fe&displaylang=en
download this file, and install it.  You can install this on 64 windows.


Right…  That did not work, even when I tried the repair…  Damn!
I tried a few other things, and then.
Downloaded this file (MSCOMCTL.OCX)
And then put this file C:\Windows\SysWOW64 location.
Restart the installation!


2 comments:

  1. thanks installation complete but bi publisher icon not found in microsoft office

    ReplyDelete